AccueilPortailCalendrierGalerieFAQRechercherMembresGroupesS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 

Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
ogami
--

MessageSujet: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Mar 24 Avr - 14:08

Hi people ! Very Happy
I was thinking about buying a new arcade stick (PS3/PC compatible), I also searched on the internet how to made one by myself with Seimitsu or Sanwa parts. I think that it may not be to difficult to build if I take my time to chose the right parts...
However, by searching on the internet I found this site => http://www.hitboxarcade.com/ that shows(and sell !) a new approach for fighting game.. Simply no stick ! Just buttons correctly layered that allow very fast inputs and allow actions that are impossible with a stick or a pad.. I mean U+D or L+R. The demonstration are very impressive and it even seems that some moves/combos are easier to do... So now I'm really confused... I don't know if I will choose/make a classic arcade stick or if I will choose/make a hitbox... scratch Does anyone has already tried here ? Maybe Seppun that I know that you play arcade/fighting games ? It seems to be less fragile too...

Looks to work with any fighting games (2D and 3D !)

etc...

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ogamitaicho.deviantart.com
Seppun
--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Mer 25 Avr - 0:50

Already made one some years ago just for fun,well I didn't liked it :/
It may seem cool at first,but your hand is always tense for imputing correctly as the result the hand gets tired more quickly.
This kind of layout isn't really helpful for double inputs either,like double foward or double back ( to dash for example).
The only way to dash properly is the "double tap" AKA tapping quickly the same button with 2 different fingers.
I also found it problematic to input diagonals,just imagine : dash in; crouch guard.
With a regular stick you just have to push foward 2 times then,hit back /down diagonal.
With this full button display you have to double tap then hit 2 buttons at the same time ( back+ down) it could also be problematic for games using charge partitioning for combos and so on.
So,IMO,it's fun to test but not to play seriously on.
Find on old playstation pad PCB,wire buttons on it,place them on a wood board,have a test on a fighting game ;3

A button is around 1.20€ ,for a quick test just buy 10 of them -> 4 directions ,6 attack buttons ( regular capcom layout) 12€ for a test is pretty cheap. If you don't like the layout,pick buttons to mod the one you already have,if you like the layout build a stick on your own ^^
If you need a hand for wiring,just PM me :3

(unfortunatly,due to lack of time,I don't play games anymore :/ )

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Mer 25 Avr - 9:27

Seppun=killjoy! :P

They adapt the keyboard on an arcade board! Personnaly I realy like keyboard for sensation, rather than using stick or pad,
certainly because I'm a piano player too, taping is realy fast and precise!
And I woukd say, that yes it's great to make things by yourself(we all know that here!), but this product isn't that expensive for a handmade product (120€) and the benefit of time,
and thanks to the screw you can always customize the front pannel.

I would say too that if you want one of this "switchboard" you should send a message now, because there must be a lot of people intersting in for may the 4th! (the black one is nice!)

--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Mer 25 Avr - 10:19

I'm not killing joy,but if he really wants to play seriously,this stick won't fit his needs.
Pull out a dash in kara shungokusatsu with that ,I'll pay you strawberries mate.
Innovation is cool,but that is not.Willing making money from anything begins to make me sick.

EDIT ( had an hard night,plz excuse the harsh tone)

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Mer 25 Avr - 11:50

Come on Sep! Overtake those kinds of concepts. The world of tomorow will rised from this one, our world.
We have to save ourself and show to the others the bright way of living, because there is one, even if we could die for it because this way is hard, long and deep.
WE made mistakes, but don't blame us. And if you have a better plan, show it.
There's no longer time to blame eachother. The Sun of God is telling us that love is the fact of the Cosmos, we belong to Him, we are made of stars and we are everyone.

I understand what you feel, and maybe you should not interfere with things that made you sick,
because the world is full of those kinds of things, and there also good things on the other side! Free your soul to the Outersphere Wink

So Og, what's on your mind?

--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Mer 25 Avr - 13:21

Thanks guys for the discussion ! Very Happy Like Sep said sure that is kind of controller is something you need to try before ordering or build one. Wink
I'm really opened to it and find the concept very interesting, I don't know about quarter/half circle manipulation or 360° on this type of controller but Sep, when you see the demo video it seems entirely possible, I mean all what you can do with a classic arcade stick... Razz

I can understand also that people who have trained for years on a stick don't really see this in a good way... However I feel some kind of "frustration" and some people are denying that they are other way to play... It is not your case at all Sep because you tried it, but the worst is when people are denigrating something even without having tested...
About the gameplay, I don't think that using hitbox is cheating at all (I read this somewhere on a site... ) because all the manipulations have to be done, some may be easier than with a stick, some may be harder (especially with jumps). I think that it just needs adaptation time and training, like many things...
I would be curious to see the guy who is making the videos VS a good stick player... It seems that he has no problem at all for inputing the moves or doing combos and could totally win some games...

I'm a very average, not to say bad player, so I may never be involved in tournaments or in any serious manner... I play just for fun.

I also know that this "hitbox" is not a new concept. They try to develop a brand to sell these kind of controlers... Nothing against them, if they can make their business with this, that's OK for me, considering that anyone can build a homemade with arcade buttons and a PCB. They can't copyright the concept, the same for classic arcade sticks...

I think that I will order some buttons and try make my own controller, thanks Sep for your proposition about wiring.
By the way, Sep, do you have links to a webstore because I have often seen more price like 3 euros per buttons than 1,20 euro... Razz

I may try this, but I may also try to build a classic controller with a good Sanwa or Seimitsu stick. I don't want to mod (the PCB) my dreamcast arcade stick that works well on my PC, but I want made one from A to Z. Rolling Eyes I just want to take the time to choose the good materials, settings etc... So any hints, advices are very welcome my friends... cheers

I have seen this amazing (and very expansive) site and there are a lot of good ideas ! Wink => http://www.b15sdmdesigns.com/#!__main/example-custom-arcade-sticks

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Mer 25 Avr - 14:15

It's only a game, don't take that so far! ^^

That is something realy difiicult!

Chopin - Fantasie Impromptu (Yundi Li) par kelian

So don't worry about the 45° or 360° or anything else, it's a matter of neurons and synapses! drunken

--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Mer 25 Avr - 14:32

Yeah I love watching piano players, this is so impressive ! Shocked

Seppun
--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Jeu 26 Avr - 1:25

@Og' : I used to purchase on starcab: http://www.starcab.net/index.php?cPath=219_163

But prices have increased :/ You can find some parts on ebay a bit cheaper. (1.20-1.50 per button one year ago)
I'll have a look into my spare parts,I may still have some.I'll check it tomorrow ;3

@Sleep: Gimme a room a piano and a year
That's part of my futur plans,as soon as I'll have enough space,I'll buy a piano! And maybe a harpsichord <3 (and a lot of stringed instruments haha)

--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Jeu 26 Avr - 11:16

Oh thanks Sep, this site is totally perfect for what I will need to make my own arcade stick ! cheers
If in any case you are interested, I bookmarked this one that is very precise and explain step by step how to make a custom arcade stick => http://slagcoin.com/joystick/introduction.html

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Jeu 26 Avr - 11:24

Maybe Sep you may show us the one you've already done! drunken

--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Jeu 26 Avr - 14:49

As I said,this was a test,I just put buttons on a wood board and wired everithing to a PCB.
I really didn't like the feeling,so I unsoldered everyting and put my purple transparent seimitsu buttons on my HRAP3 ^^

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Jeu 26 Avr - 14:51

I was talking about your "X-box" pad, isn't that?

--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Jeu 26 Avr - 18:29

This one? I've given it to a friend of mine ^^
As you can see that's not a full button display,just a regular one.
The " stick" I made with full button layout ( like the hitbox stick) was a test on a wood board which I dismateled shortly after testing it ^^

--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Ven 27 Avr - 14:02

Wow ! Great work on this arcade stick Sep ! I love the idea to use a X-box 360 case to mount the button... The Blue led inside is aslo a nice addition !
The -X-box shape is slightly rounded on the edges, so it looks to be comfortable to use... Isn't it a little bit too "thick" ? scratch
So I may search a 'toasted" X-Box ! Rolling Eyes

ogami
--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Ven 27 Avr - 14:17

I was searching a PCB PS3/PC compatible because the one with the "home" button on starcab is unavailable => http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?products_id=1210
I have found this one that looks OK... => http://www.smallcab.net/product_info.php?products_id=271
I'm trying to gather all the material needed ! Wink

Seppun
--

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   Ven 27 Avr - 19:42

Don't bother yourself too much regarding PCB,just buy a cheap ripoff ;3
Madcatz unofficial pads are generally good to go and unexpensive
I had a look into my stash,but can't finds spare parts anymore :/
I just have 2 shitty HORI buttons left ,a red one and a green~ish one.
Try to gather informations regarding PS3 pads ( just to know if they have a common ground for soldering purpose ( in order to be able to make a daisy chain).
From memories,I know PS1 PS2 madcatz pads used to have one ( but I'm can't remember 'bout the PS3 one :/ )

MessageSujet: Re: Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?   

Do you know or have already tested a Hitbox arcade controller ?
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1